For a better future: Requirements to become a pilot| April 29, 2020
Are you looking to fly? Do you want to be in the aviation field? Becoming a pilot is one of the coolest things you could ever do. If your passion is aviation, don’t hesitate to think of becoming a pilot, so we dedicated that article to presenting all the details of studying aviation, the requirements to study aviation, for a better future for our youth.
Reasons to become a pilot:
Achieve your dream of studying aviation. Aviation study is one of the most popular fields among students these days. Many students want to be called a ” Captain or Pilot”. Pilots are known as commercial or airline pilots, airline pilots transport people and cargo according to a fixed schedule. Pilot job is still the best job in the world and there are many reasons why you should become a pilot?:
- The stunning view from your cockpit.
- Perfect lifestyle and Great experience.
- Gaining organizational and planning skills.
- High salary job.
- Traveling the world & discovering new places.
Requirements to become a pilot
Becoming a pilot requires a great deal of personal/soft skills. You need to evaluate if you have these skills before you begin to pursue a career as a pilot, Know more about requirements to become a pilot:
- The skill of listening and speaking strongly and confidently to be able to communicate well with others
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking to identify problems and identify solutions.
- Good time management skills.
- You need to have a passion to be successful because the pilot’s career is full of excitement and change.
The types of pilot license
There are many pilot licenses offered by academies specific to aviation pilot training:
ATP or ATPL (Airline Transport Pilot License).
PVT or PPL (Private Pilot License).
Comm or CPL (Commercial Pilot License).
PPL (H) (Private Helicopter Pilot License).
CPL (H) (Commercial Helicopter Pilot License).
ME (Multi-Engine Rating).
IR (Instrument Rating).
Your first job as a pilot:
The moment you look for a job. You will find some of the qualifications employers are seeking.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules.
- Ability to work under pressure situations.
- Ability to work flexible schedules ( night shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to work multiple days away from home.
Requirements to study aviation
- The cost: it should be noted that studying aviation is one of the most expensive specializations, therefore the applicant must have the financial ability to pay for studying at the Aviation academy.
- Medical Certificate: The applicant must get a medical examination to ensure that he does not have any of the diseases that hinder studying this field.
The medical certificate is only issued after performing these tests to ensure that the applicant does not suffer from any diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure, hearing loss, color blindness, legs curvature or brain problems, and ensure that he or she meets the required standards.
- Required education: Aviation academies require the applicant to obtain a specific academic qualification, and the requirements for each differs about the qualification but most of the academies require that applicants must hold at least a high school certificate., You can visit the website of the academy or university to learn about the conditions and requirements that must be met.
- The age: Applicants must be at least 17 years old.
How many years does it take to study aviation?
The duration of the study is between two and a half and three years. In case the student was fluent in English and passed the examination level, the duration of the study can be reduced to one and a half years.
What about job opportunities?
Aviation is a great subject to study with a large number of jobs available. The airlines need new pilots all the time, so the job of the pilot is much-needed. Being a pilot is prestigious, especially in Saudi Arabia, as airlines, year-over-year employ a group of distinguished graduates who were able to prove merit in studying this field.
What is the difference between Airbus and Boeing?
The Boeing Airplane is one of the most popular selling commercial airliners. It currently competes with the Airbus A320 family. But since the A320 was launched in 1984 to date, it has outdone Boeing sales. From 1984 to now, the A320 outperformed the 737 by 438 aircraft.
The fastest way to identify if it’s an Airbus or a Boeing plane, is the shape of the cockpit windows, the shape of the nose, and the shape of the engine housing.
– Flynas signs an agreement with Airbus to purchase 20 A321XLR and A321LR aircrafts.
– This statistic represents the annual growth in global air traffic passenger demand between 2006 and 2020. By 2020, traffic is expected to grow with another 4.1%.
Are you a student that dreams of being a pilot? If you’re interested in a career in aviation, please follow these steps
QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR FLIGHT ACADEMY? ASK A TRAINING ADVISOR